The internet is a fun place to be, but things can get wild and annoying pretty fast. Just like we have it on social media, you can get “trolled” on YouTube too. So how do you deal with people leaving hateful and distasteful comments? The answer is simple, you block them.
Once you block a YouTube channel, they will still be able to watch your videos, but won’t be able to leave comments. Also, all of their previous comments on your channel will be hidden. YouTube won’t notify them they’ve been blocked so no one’s the wiser.
Before we get into how you go about this, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why people actually resort to blocking other YouTube channels. Stay with us.
Table of Contents - Why Do People Block Other YouTube Channels? - How to Block a YouTube Channel?
Why Do People Block Other YouTube Channels?
People block other YouTube channels for a lot of reasons – some personal, some obvious. We say obvious because if a channel keeps leaving hate or racist comments on your videos, you have no option but to block them. That’s the only way to stop that from happening.
Content creators on YouTube have to deal with negative comments every day. In the long run, that’s not good for business, especially when they’re being targeted or the comments are not true. People in this kind of situation may resort to blocking.
Have you ever been in a situation where videos you’re not interested in, keep popping on your suggested feed?
They could be offensive videos or content you’re just not interested in. When this keeps happening, people can also decide to just block such YouTube channels once and for all.
Another reason this happens is parental control.
In a bid to control what their kids see on YouTube and also protect their privacy, parents can decide to block YouTube channels with provocative content. That way, parents can be sure their kids are in a safe online environment even when they are not around.
How to Block a YouTube Channel
Blocking a YouTube channel is easy and will only take a few seconds if you already know the name of the YouTube channel you intend to block. This can be done on your mobile phone or computer.
To block a YouTube channel using your mobile phone, follow these steps:
- Log into your YouTube account.
- Search for the channel you want to block or simply go through your comment section and click on their username.
- At the top of that channel, next to the search button, you’ll see “About”. Click that.
- This will reveal a drop-down menu on the right side of the page. Select the flag icon and click “Block user”.
- Finally, select “Submit“.
If you’re using a mobile app on your smartphone or tablet, you can do the same by following these simple steps:
- Click on the YouTube app icon on your smartphone or tablet and log into your account.
- Tap the channel’s username through the comment they left on your video.
- Click on the three-dotted menu on the top right corner of that channel and select “Block user”.
- There will be a pop-up notification confirming if you really want to block that channel. Click on “Block”.
Just like that, the blocked channel(s) will be restricted from leaving comments on your page. Very easy, right?
No one enjoys blocking other YouTube channels, but sometimes it just has to be done. If you have been trying to figure out how to do that, you don’t need to watch a YouTube tutorial, this article shows how to get it done in very easy steps – it only takes a minute!